TwitterReplyPipe is a simple mash-up that can search the public twitter time line based on a search criteria you define and reply to the tweets with a message from a set of messages that you define. Some use cases include
- Look for mentions of your product and send replies telling users to look at products that you can cross sell.
- Search for the category of your product and tell users to look at what you have to offer.
- Search for tweets mentioning your competition and redirect them to a comparison page.
To set it up,
- Visit http://pipes.yahoo.com/axemclion/twitter_replier and enter the three inputs as explained below.
- Query Key is the key as specified in the twitter advanced search page. To search for a phrase, use "phrase" and to search to a list of terms, try "q" as the input.
- The Tweet file is a simple text file hosted on the internet with a set of messages that will be sent at random. You can host your files at http://pastebin.org using the steps below
- Visit http://pastebin.org and type in all the messages that you would like to send, one in each line.
- Enter your name in, select that you would like to save the file forever and click "send"
- In the next page, copy the "download" link. It will look something like http://pastebin.org/pastebin.php?dl=
Once twitterfeed is also setup, replies would automatically be sent.
This is a followup to a post that I had written about a way to use YAHOO pipes to automatically reply to tweets that mentioned certain keywords. The initial pipe was rudimentary in a way that it could only tweet one message and could not use the extensive search capabilities of twitter.