A few weeks, an article was published on HTML5rocks.com about using IndexedDB. The example was about a simple autocomplete application that stores data on the client and performs a simple query to select from the data. The article works on Firefox and uses the latest IndexedDB API specifications.
Since I already had the IndexedDB polyfill using WebSQL, I wanted to see how the example performs using the polyfill. Porting it to use the shim and work on browsers like Opera and Safari was trivial. I just had to include the shim file in the example.
The only other change I made to the main file was to change the 'contains' method to an indexOf method, as array.contains was undefined in some browsers.
You can see the example working at http://axe-sneakpeeq.github.com/IndexedDB-UI-data-Binding-Html5-rocks/index_mark3.html
The github repository is available at https://github.com/axe-sneakpeeq/IndexedDB-UI-data-Binding-Html5-rocks.
During the course of porting the example to use the IndexedDB polyfill, I also had to update the way text was encoded and stored, allowing it to be a lot more robust.
I tried commenting to the site, but as my comment has a link, the comment is still awaiting moderation.