There was also a complaint that the graphs were not displayed properly. This was a bug that crept in when I was looking at extending it to other platforms. I added an identifier that signified the platform to ownerIds, and that ended up passing wrong values to the Maps and the graph. That has also been corrected.
In the previous post, there was also a comment that the application showed a lot of useless data. There was a specific mention of the uselessness of IP address. To that, I would like to point out that more meaningful information derived out of the recorded data is in the offing. I am currently working on getting the application on MySpace, Hi5 and Friendster. Though there are help icons, those are not functional yet.
Once that is done, I would love to add features like
- Adding location of visitors
- Adding animated timeline graphs showning when people came and left
- Popularity of a profile when compared to friends
- Most popular profile of the application etc.
- Realtime update of who visits whom
- Badges showing off popularity of people
- People visiting your profile also visited...
Currently, I am the only person developing the application. It would be great if you could lend a helping hand, development would be easier, quicker and more fun. Please do drop me a mail if this interests you.